Services and Activities
We would be delighted to
- help you in renting local canoes, speed boats or sailing boats for trips in the delta of the Volta River, to the mouth of the estuary and the estuary beach camps.
- organize scenic canoe trips with local guides, e.g. to some small villages of the islands in the delta, along mangrove wood, through various creeks and to an Akpeteshie distillery (sugarcane “Schnapps”) on one of the islands.
- inform you about local events and festivals in the Ada Region, e.g. the famous Asafotufiami Festival, beginning every year at the end of the first week of August.
- Take the Ferry (if operating) or a boat taxi to Anyanui on the eastern bank of Volta delta and visit the large market on Wednesday.
- Continue the travel by trotro or taxi to the old towns Woe and Keta.
Visit the former Danish / Portuguese Fort Prinsenstein
near Keta. Go to see Keta lagoon,
the most important site for marine and other water-associated birds in
Keta can also be reached by road via Sogakope and Woe.
- Visit the Kente weavers near Agbozume (Agbosome) near the border to Togo.
- Ask for Xavi Site for birds: South of Akatsi half way between Sogakope and Aflao/Lome
- Visit the producers of pottery at the road between Kassee and Sogakope
- Make a trip to the salt making sites at Songor Lagoon west of Ada Foah. Songor Lagoon is an important stopping-over point for migratory and other birds. It is also home to several species of endangered or threatened sea turtles.
- Make a short visit to the small Obonukope Community Zoo, which lies about 1km from the main road shortly before the turn-off to Big Ada
- Near Big Ada you can look at crocodiles kept by the locals.
- Go fishing. In the Volta estuary you can catch Barracuda, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail and other interesting fish if you find a good skipper. Also for deep-sea fishing, there are good, though not really cheap providers in Ada Foah.
- The construction of the Sea Defense Project in Ada Foah is just in progress (September 2013).
To get more information about the area of the Ezime Guesthouse visit our Regional Touristmap around the Ezime Guesthouse.